Academic Catalog

University Services

Office of Experiential Learning and Career Management

The Office of Experiential Learning and Career Management houses Career Services, Academic Internship Program, the Mentorship Office, and Volunteer Central. Career Services offers programs and services to help students clarify and attain educational and career goals. Services include career counseling, presentations to enhance résumé writing, job search and interviewing skills, resource information, job vacancy announcements, job fairs, on-campus interviewing, and electronic and in-person résumé critiques. Volunteer Central links agencies to Millersville students seeking community-service opportunities. Graduate students and alumni may utilize these services at the Office of Experiential Learning and Career Management, Bedford House, 717-871-7655. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For up-to-date information on programs and services, check the web page:

Center For Counseling and Human Development

The Center for Counseling and Human Development offers students the opportunity to discuss any matter freely in a confidential, professional setting at no cost. Licensed psychologists help students reach greater self-understanding and enhance their abilities to manage immediate and future concerns. Individual counseling, workshops, group experiences and consultations are available. Drug and alcohol counseling is provided by a certified addictions counselor. The center is located on the third floor of Lyle Hall and is open when classes are in session: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. To make an appointment, please call 717-871-7821. All services are strictly confidential.

Students With Disabilities

Millersville University encourages prospective students with disabilities to contact the Office of Learning Services in Lyle Hall at 717-871-5554 to discuss their needs. Students requesting assistance must complete a Special Assistance Request form and provide detailed documentation from their professional or healthcare practitioner regarding the nature of and limitations imposed by their disability. Accommodations are arranged upon completion of this process.

Health Services

Health Services, located in the Witmer Building, provides medical care to all registered students. They have a professional staff of physicians, nurse practitioner, and registered nurses.  There is no charge to be evaluated by a provider for acute illnesses or injuries.  Most treatments and over-the-counter medications are free.  They have a dispensary in house which has common antibiotics that can be prescribed to the students for a small fee. Services provided include treatment for minor illness and injuries, monitoring and management of chronic health conditions, sexual health, physical examinations, TB testing, and immunizations (including FREE influenza vaccines), in-house laboratory testing, and medical procedures such as EKGs, wound care, and laceration repair.  Students who do not need to be seen can obtain over-the-counter medications and supplies from the Self Care Cart, located in the reception area. A health evaluation form which includes medical history, physical exam, and immunization records are required to be submitted by all students. Refer to the Health Services website, for forms and further information. Appointments are available by calling 717-871-5250.  

Identification Cards

Graduate students are required to have a Millersville University student identification card, which may be obtained at the Campus ID Office in Boyer Computer Center. This identification serves as a library and activity card. Personal photo can be uploaded in advance for quick pickup. There is no charge for the initial ID card; replacement cost is $25. The Campus ID Office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., 717-871-7008.

Off-Campus Housing

Student Lodging, Inc. (SLI) wants to help you find affordable and safe student housing conveniently located adjacent to Millersville’s campus. Graduate students can explore SLI’s various housing options at the Brookwood Court Apartments and Healthy Living (Wellness) Apartments. You can visit for more information or call 717-871-4611.

College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning

The College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning (CGSAL) is the administrative hub for graduate studies, including admissions, preadmissions and nondegree student advisement. CGSAL offers doctoral degrees and over 50 master’s degrees as well as professional certifications across a wide variety of arts, science, education and other professional disciplines. Programs and course offerings are tailored to the educational needs and lives of adult learners. CGSAL also offers a wide variety of noncredit programs for adult learners, businesses, industries, schools and various agencies through Educator Source, the Nonprofit Resource Network and the Corporate University. Courses can be designed to meet the specific needs of clientele. Corporate University works with companies to facilitate their access to training grant funds.

The College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning is open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and is located on the second floor of Lyle Hall. Please visit or contact for additional information on all programs in the College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning.

Parking Permits

Prior to parking on campus, all drivers must obtain a parking permit to be displayed on the parked vehicle. Parking permits are required on campus Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Parking is open to park on campus (no permit required) after 4 p.m. weekdays and all weekend. The current permit fees for all parking permits, including semester, full-year, temporary and visitor permits, are available at the University Police Department in the Lebanon House. Information about parking is also available online at

Lost and Found

This service is located at the main desk of the Student Memorial Center, 717-871-4636, and the hours coincide with those of the center. Miscellaneous possessions are held there. Valuables are held by the University Police in the Lebanon House, 717-871-4357.


Graduate students may purchase meal plans. Descriptions and prices for each of the meal plans are available at Sign up to be a meal-plan member by going to MAX; click on Student Services and then select My Dining. Click login under My Housing; select dining tab on the left-hand side. Select continue, select dining plan, submit My Dining Plan Selection. Payment options are available at For billing inquiries, contact the bursar’s office at 717-871-5101.

Students may purchase salads, sandwiches, pizza, pasta and other light fare in The Galley and Juice Bar in the Student Memorial Center; the Cove in Lyle Hall; and The Anchor, a deli-convenience store in Gordinier Lobby, as well as from several private enterprises in close proximity to the University.

Student Memorial Center

The Student Memorial Center has six furnished conference rooms and a large multipurpose room that can handle various setups for weekly meetings, guest speakers and special events. Reservations for conference rooms and the multipurpose room can be made online via the SMC website.

The Department of Campus Life, formerly known as the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership (CSIL) oversees Fraternity and Sorority life, clubs and organizations, campus activities, leadership programs, commuter student support and the mascot team. The Campus Life suite is located in SMC 118 near the clock tower entrance of the SMC. Student organization offices that are located inside of the SMC include the Student Government Association, University Activities Board, Society of Latino Affairs (SOLA), Gender and Sexuality Alliance (GSA), Black Student Union (BSU), NAACP, WIXQ campus radio station, Touchstone Yearbook and The Snapper newspaper. The Dr. Rita Smith Wade-El Intercultural Center (ICSE) and the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management suite is located in the SMC across from the Galley.

The Dr. Rita Smith Wade-El Intercultural Center is located on the main level just around the corner from the Department of Campus Life suite. Also known as the Intercultural Center or ICSE, the Center provides a sense of belonging, education and identity-development opportunities for students. The space has a resource room which includes a robust library of books and information related to race, gender, sexual orientation, equity and social justice. Lounge and study space options are available to students.

The Business Office is located on the main level of the SMC. This area houses the banking services for registered student organizations. Personal checks up to $50 can be cashed with a valid MU ID card. This office also exchanges cash for change needed for laundry machines.

Located towards the center of the building, The Galley serves as both a cafeteria and a grab-and-go. This popular dining and gathering area features salads, sandwiches, cheesesteaks, hamburgers, pastas and pizza.

Located towards the center of the building, the Ticket Office provides ticket sales services to Millersville University departments, offices, local community, and student clubs and organizations. Here you can purchase tickets for all ticketed events, athletic events and ticket plans, and receive commencement ticket information.

The IT Technical Operations office is located in the SMC lower level. Technical operations specializes in audio, video, lighting and other electronic support for campus functions. Meetings, conferences, lectures, cultural affairs and concerts are just a few of the events serviced by the technical operations department.

Towards the center of the SMC is the PSECU e-Center. PSECU is a member-owned, self-service provider of financial services, including checking and savings accounts. Millersville University students may set up a bank account at the e-Center inside of the SMC. There are also several PSECU ATMs located on campus, including inside of the SMC.

The SMC Rec Center is a facility utilized daily for all students. It contains:

  • Various fitness equipment
  • Indoor track
  • Three-court field house (Marauder Courts)
  • Multi-activities court (MAC)
  • Two racquetball courts – one of which has been converted into a Martial Arts room
  • Functional training room
  • Dance studio

The Rec Center also provides group fitness classes and personal training.  The Campus Recreation Office suite is located in the SMC Rec Center in SMC 38, just across from the dance studio.  Along with the SMC Rec Center, the Campus Recreation Department oversees Club Sports, Intramurals, Outdoor Recreation/Ropes Course, and various special events.  The Ville Rec app, which can be downloaded on any smartphone, is a one-stop shop version of for everything Campus Recreation at the university.

The University Store is located in the northern end of the SMC. A large selection of imprinted campus apparel and school spirit items is available for purchase. For your convenience, the store also offers art supplies and materials required for classes, store gift cards, postage stamps, computer accessories, and a selection of items students may need while on campus. While The University Store does not stock textbooks, online textbook orders placed through Textbook may be conveniently picked up here.


Millersville is approved to offer training to veterans under Title 38, United States Code, Section 3675, under the following: Chapter 30—Montgomery G.I. Bill; Chapter 31—Vocational Rehabilitation (Disabled Veterans); Chapter 32—Post-Vietnam Era Veterans; Chapter 33—Post-9/11 Era Veterans; Chapter 35—War Orphans and Widows Educational Assistance Act; and Chapters 1606 and 1607—Selected Reserves. For further information, contact the Veterans Resource Center, Mercer House, 717-871-4343 or