The Archaeology option, housed within the Anthropology program at Millersville University, is dedicated to learning and understanding the role that Lancaster County and Colonial Pennsylvania played in the context of the larger colonial Atlantic World by way of ethical archaeological excavation, historical analysis and documentary research. Students may complete either a major or a minor in this field.
Regulations Governing Minor Course Work
- There shall be a minimum of 18.0 credit hours with a minimum Millersville QPA of 2.0.
- Only one course which counts toward your major may be counted toward your minor.
- Courses that count toward a minor are also eligible to be used to satisfy the current University-wide General Education requirements subject to normal distribution requirements.
- At least two courses should be at the upper-division level (300-400). Exceptions may be requested upon evidence of program depth.
- No course needed for the minor may be taken Pass-Fail.
- One-half or more of the work required for the minor must be completed at Millersville University.
- No student may minor in his or her major.