With a minor in Language Studies, students will gain greater confidence in communicating across languages, and demonstrate an appreciation of foreign cultures and an interest in the world beyond.
Regulations Governing Minor Course Work
- There shall be a minimum of 18.0 credit hours with a minimum Millersville QPA of 2.0.
- Only one course which counts toward your major may be counted toward your minor.
- Courses that count toward a minor are also eligible to be used to satisfy the current University-wide General Education requirements subject to normal distribution requirements.
- At least two courses should be at the upper-division level (300-400). Exceptions may be requested upon evidence of program depth.
- No course needed for the minor may be taken Pass-Fail.
- One-half or more of the work required for the minor must be completed at Millersville University.
- No student may minor in his or her major.
The minor in Language Studies requires declaration of a specific language, we offer French, German, and Spanish.
FORL 201 Intermediate Language I
FORL 202 Intermediate Language II
FORL 351 Composition & Oral Expresssion 1
FORL 352 Composition & Oral Expression 2
9 Credits of electives in the chosen language at the 300 or 400 level
*If a student tests above the Intermediate Language Level or had already taken 300-level language courses, upper level language courses must be substituted for 201 and/or 202.