A minor in psychology provides students with an introduction to the foundational principles of human behavior and research methods in psychology. Students who are interested in the minor should know that some courses require successful completion of prerequisites (i.e., PSYC and MATH courses) and to consult with their advisor before applying to the minor.
Regulations Governing Minor Course Work
- There shall be a minimum of 18.0 credit hours with a minimum Millersville QPA of 2.0.
- Only one course which counts toward your major may be counted toward your minor.
- Courses that count toward a minor are also eligible to be used to satisfy the current University-wide General Education requirements subject to normal distribution requirements.
- At least two courses should be at the upper-division level (300-400). Exceptions may be requested upon evidence of program depth.
- No course needed for the minor may be taken Pass-Fail.
- One-half or more of the work required for the minor must be completed at Millersville University.
- No student may minor in his or her major.
Minor in Psychology
Total hours19 hours
General Psychology3 hours
Principles of Statistics and Experimental Design 14 hours
Psychology Electives12 hours
Choose a minimum of 4 courses/12 credits of Psychology electives in consultation with your Psychology minor advisor. At least two courses must be on the 300-400 level. Click here to search the web schedule for current courses. PSYC 1XX from AP credit may not be counted as it is considered a lower-level duplicate of PSYC 100 which is required.(external link)