A minor in physics is a great option for students in any STEM field that is interested a deeper understanding of the physical principles that form the basis of chemistry, biology, astronomy, and earth sciences. It is also a good choice for students interested in pursuing advanced degrees in any of those fields.
Regulations Governing Minor Course Work
- There shall be a minimum of 18.0 credit hours with a minimum Millersville QPA of 2.0.
- Only one course which counts toward your major may be counted toward your minor.
- Courses that count toward a minor are also eligible to be used to satisfy the current University-wide General Education requirements subject to normal distribution requirements.
- At least two courses should be at the upper-division level (300-400). Exceptions may be requested upon evidence of program depth.
- No course needed for the minor may be taken Pass-Fail.
- One-half or more of the work required for the minor must be completed at Millersville University.
- No student may minor in his or her major.
Minor in Physics
Total hours19 hours
Completion of the Calculus sequence (MATH 161, 211, 311) is a prerequisite for the minor in Physics.
Physics 1 with Calculus5 hours
Physics 2 with Calculus5 hours
Wave-Particle Theory3 hours
Macroscopic Physics3 hours
Quantum Systems3 hours